Second Quarter Update
|04.18.09 at 1:45 pm ET|
At halftime … Bulls 53, Celtics 44
Doc went with this bench to start the quarter, even sending Pierce back to the bench mid-way through the second. Playing the reserves is critical for two reasons — 1. the bench must find a chemistry/rhythm in the postseason and 2. The Bulls want to run. The Celtics starters could get tired out if they are forced to play Chicago’s up-tempo game.
The starting five came back in down 42-38, but they didn’t get the Celtics back in the game. Rather the Bulls ended the half on a 11-6 run. The Celtics are letting the Bulls their style of ball, which leaves the Cs in the dust as they have been outscored by the Bulls 15-2 on fastbreak points.
Pierce and Ray Allen have to play better in the second half. They are a combined 2-for-11 from the field, adding just four points apiece. This game, of course, is far from over. But the Celtics must take control early in the third to make up for a sloppy first half.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason