Second Quarter Update
|04.18.09 at 1:45 pm ET|
At halftime … Bulls 53, Celtics 44
Doc went with this bench to start the quarter, even sending Pierce back to the bench mid-way through the second. Playing the reserves is critical for two reasons — 1. the bench must find a chemistry/rhythm in the postseason and 2. The Bulls want to run. The Celtics starters could get tired out if they are forced to play Chicago’s up-tempo game.
The starting five came back in down 42-38, but they didn’t get the Celtics back in the game. Rather the Bulls ended the half on a 11-6 run. The Celtics are letting the Bulls their style of ball, which leaves the Cs in the dust as they have been outscored by the Bulls 15-2 on fastbreak points.
Pierce and Ray Allen have to play better in the second half. They are a combined 2-for-11 from the field, adding just four points apiece. This game, of course, is far from over. But the Celtics must take control early in the third to make up for a sloppy first half.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...