Third quarter update
|04.18.09 at 2:27 pm ET|
Well, that was different. After playing in third gear for most of the first half the Celtics came out in full throttle for the second half and have a 72-71 lead. Paul Pierce led the charge with eight quick points after being held to just four points in the first half. Ray Allen, however, has still not been able to get himself on track. He is just 1-for-8 from the floor.
The concern for the Celtics is that they have not been getting stops on the defensive end with regularity. Derrick Rose has lived up to his billing and is in the midst of a star-making turn in his playoff debut. If people weren’t aware of Rose yet, they are now.
We are headed to a make or break fourth quarter for early control of this series.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?