Third quarter update
|04.18.09 at 2:27 pm ET|
Well, that was different. After playing in third gear for most of the first half the Celtics came out in full throttle for the second half and have a 72-71 lead. Paul Pierce led the charge with eight quick points after being held to just four points in the first half. Ray Allen, however, has still not been able to get himself on track. He is just 1-for-8 from the floor.
The concern for the Celtics is that they have not been getting stops on the defensive end with regularity. Derrick Rose has lived up to his billing and is in the midst of a star-making turn in his playoff debut. If people weren’t aware of Rose yet, they are now.
We are headed to a make or break fourth quarter for early control of this series.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason