More minutes for Marbury?
|04.19.09 at 3:23 pm ET|
Marbury was scoreless after attempting just two shots. It wasn’t that he couldn’t get open, either. Marbury has been playing selflessly since joining the Celtics, often passing up his own looks.
“Steph’s going to be fine. He should have been more aggressive but I should have played him more,” Rivers said after practice on Sunday. “I don’t think I played Steph enough last night to get him going. I thought in the first half the second unit actually had a nice little rhythm going, and in the second half I didn’t play him as much.”
Marbury has a postseason career average of 18.4 points, 6.5 assists, and 3.7 rebounds in 41.1 minutes. Prior to this series, he played his last playoff game in 2004 with the New York Knicks.
Related Story: The Wait Ends for Marbury This Weekend
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason