Big start for the Celtics
|04.20.09 at 7:19 pm ET|
Scratch slow starts off the check list for the Celtics. They came out ready to play tonight. Rajon Rondo has been pushing the tempo at every opportunity and taking it hard at the Bulls big men. Even though he is 1-for-3, the strategy has worked because Chicago is paying so much attention to Rondo that the C’s are getting weakside offensive boards.
Another benefit? Derrick Rose got two quick fouls and is out of the game. Something else to watch: Brad Miller was not happy with Kendrick Perkin’s hard foul on John Salmons. Miller, who is one of the toughest dudes in the league, came flying off the bench and had to be mildly restrained by a Bulls assistant.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...