Second quarter update
|04.20.09 at 8:18 pm ET|
The Celtics kicked off the game looking strong. Then they started dropping in the second quarter.
Leon Powe left the game with a minor left knee sprain. (He was already wearing a brace for a sprained right knee.) Five minutes later, Rajon Rondo hit the ground hard after a fast break attempt. He suffered a minor right ankle sprain and was helped off the court by Celtics trainer Ed Lacerte. Both Powe and Rondo are expected to return.
In the meantime, Brad Miller has been causing problems for the Celtics. The big man with the mid-range jumper has posted 14 points (7/8 FT) and six rebounds in the first half. With Powe out of the game and Davis and Perkins sidelined with three fouls apiece, hehas been able to take advantage of his match up against Mikki Moore.
Keeping an eye on the hot/cold players from Game 1, Derrick Rose has been limited to just six points in 14 minutes. He was benched for most of the first quarter with foul trouble. After shooting 1-for-12 on Saturday, Ray Allen is shooting 1-for-4 from the field.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?