They call him ‘Big Cuddly’
|04.20.09 at 12:14 am ET|
Music can be used to get players in ‘the zone.’ Rasheed Wallace blares hip hop music through the Detroit Pistons locker room. Tony Allen shows off his rap skills before every Celtics game. And then there’s Glen Davis.
On any given night, Big Baby can be seen sauntering down the halls of the TD BankNorth Garden singing Jason Mraz or offering his own rendition of Celine Dion in the Celtics locker room. Davis has an explanation for his unexpected song choice.
‘I’m an emotional player and when I’m mad or I’m thinking mad, I’m not thinking at all,’ Davis said. ‘But when I’m smooth and I understand what’s going on, the rhythm of the game, I’m having fun, that’s the way I am.’
Davis’ postseason playlist keeps him ‘smooth’ in high pressure situations. He lists ‘Bubbly‘ by Colbie Caillat along with ‘Beat It’ and ‘Billy Jean’ by Michael Jackson as his playoff favorites.
So what do his teammates say when he blurts out the latest pop hits?
‘Nothing, they already know,’ he said. ‘They call me ‘Big Cuddly’ because I look like a big cuddly bear.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...