|They call him ‘Big Cuddly’||04.20.09 at 12:14 am ET|
Music can be used to get players in “the zone.” Rasheed Wallace blares hip hop music through the Detroit Pistons locker room. Tony Allen shows off his rap skills before every Celtics game. And then there’s Glen Davis.
On any given night, Big Baby can be seen sauntering down the halls of the TD BankNorth Garden singing Jason Mraz or offering his own rendition of Celine Dion in the Celtics locker room. Davis has an explanation for his unexpected song choice.
“I’m an emotional player and when I’m mad or I’m thinking mad, I’m not thinking at all,” Davis said. “But when I’m smooth and I understand what’s going on, the rhythm of the game, I’m having fun, that’s the way I am.”
Davis’ postseason playlist keeps him “smooth” in high pressure situations. He lists “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat along with “Beat It” and “Billy Jean” by Michael Jackson as his playoff favorites.
So what do his teammates say when he blurts out the latest pop hits?
“Nothing, they already know,” he said. “They call me ‘Big Cuddly’ because I look like a big cuddly bear.”
- The Pelicans rumor: Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley for Eric Gordon
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/21
- Terrence Williams tweets - thanks people for support
- Terrence Williams future with Boston Celtics in doubt
- Terrence Williams bail set at $25,000
- Terrence Williams arrested on gun charges
- Level setting expectations for the 16th pick in the NBA Draft - Boston...