They call him ‘Big Cuddly’
|04.20.09 at 12:14 am ET|
Music can be used to get players in “the zone.” Rasheed Wallace blares hip hop music through the Detroit Pistons locker room. Tony Allen shows off his rap skills before every Celtics game. And then there’s Glen Davis.
On any given night, Big Baby can be seen sauntering down the halls of the TD BankNorth Garden singing Jason Mraz or offering his own rendition of Celine Dion in the Celtics locker room. Davis has an explanation for his unexpected song choice.
“I’m an emotional player and when I’m mad or I’m thinking mad, I’m not thinking at all,” Davis said. “But when I’m smooth and I understand what’s going on, the rhythm of the game, I’m having fun, that’s the way I am.”
Davis’ postseason playlist keeps him “smooth” in high pressure situations. He lists “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat along with “Beat It” and “Billy Jean” by Michael Jackson as his playoff favorites.
So what do his teammates say when he blurts out the latest pop hits?
“Nothing, they already know,” he said. “They call me ‘Big Cuddly’ because I look like a big cuddly bear.”
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4