Final: Gabe Pruitt time
|04.23.09 at 10:36 pm ET|
In a final result that had to catch everyone by surprise, the Celtics demolished (and there really is no other word) the Bulls, 107-86 in Game 3 to take a 2-1 series lead. Paul Pierce rebounded from a pair of subpar games to score 24 points in just 28 minutes of action and on just 15 shots.
The Celtics performance was so dominating that the United Center was a sea of empty seats and the hometown Bulls were serenaded by a chorus of boos as they walked off the floor.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?