Game 3 Wrap
|04.23.09 at 10:38 pm ET|
Wasn’t Paul Pierce supposed to be hurt?
Pierce scored a game-high 24 points and led the Celtics to a 107-86 victory over the Bulls in Game 3. They showed no mercy as they shut down Derrick Rose (9 points, 4-14 FG), stifled Ben Gordon (5-13 FG), and rendered the Bulls big men ineffective (Joakim Noah/Tyrus Thomas 4-13 FG combined).
Rajon Rondo won the battle of the point guards, scoring 20 points (8-15 FG, 1-2 3PG) from everywhere on the court. Ray Allen added 18 points for the Celtics while Glen Davis had 14. One of the biggest surprises of the night came from an aggressive performance by Stephon Marbury off the bench. He scored 13 points in his best game as a Celtic.
The Celtics lead the series 2-1. Game 4 will be played in Chicago on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries