Game 3 Wrap
|04.23.09 at 10:38 pm ET|
Pierce scored a game-high 24 points and led the Celtics to a 107-86 victory over the Bulls in Game 3. They showed no mercy as they shut down Derrick Rose (9 points, 4-14 FG), stifled Ben Gordon (5-13 FG), and rendered the Bulls big men ineffective (Joakim Noah/Tyrus Thomas 4-13 FG combined).
Rajon Rondo won the battle of the point guards, scoring 20 points (8-15 FG, 1-2 3PG) from everywhere on the court. Ray Allen added 18 points for the Celtics while Glen Davis had 14. One of the biggest surprises of the night came from an aggressive performance by Stephon Marbury off the bench. He scored 13 points in his best game as a Celtic.
The Celtics lead the series 2-1. Game 4 will be played in Chicago on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...