Game 3 Wrap
|04.23.09 at 10:38 pm ET|
Pierce scored a game-high 24 points and led the Celtics to a 107-86 victory over the Bulls in Game 3. They showed no mercy as they shut down Derrick Rose (9 points, 4-14 FG), stifled Ben Gordon (5-13 FG), and rendered the Bulls big men ineffective (Joakim Noah/Tyrus Thomas 4-13 FG combined).
Rajon Rondo won the battle of the point guards, scoring 20 points (8-15 FG, 1-2 3PG) from everywhere on the court. Ray Allen added 18 points for the Celtics while Glen Davis had 14. One of the biggest surprises of the night came from an aggressive performance by Stephon Marbury off the bench. He scored 13 points in his best game as a Celtic.
The Celtics lead the series 2-1. Game 4 will be played in Chicago on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?