Game 3 Wrap
|04.23.09 at 10:38 pm ET|
Pierce scored a game-high 24 points and led the Celtics to a 107-86 victory over the Bulls in Game 3. They showed no mercy as they shut down Derrick Rose (9 points, 4-14 FG), stifled Ben Gordon (5-13 FG), and rendered the Bulls big men ineffective (Joakim Noah/Tyrus Thomas 4-13 FG combined).
Rajon Rondo won the battle of the point guards, scoring 20 points (8-15 FG, 1-2 3PG) from everywhere on the court. Ray Allen added 18 points for the Celtics while Glen Davis had 14. One of the biggest surprises of the night came from an aggressive performance by Stephon Marbury off the bench. He scored 13 points in his best game as a Celtic.
The Celtics lead the series 2-1. Game 4 will be played in Chicago on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason