Game 4: First quarter update
|04.26.09 at 1:30 pm ET|
The Celtics got off to a solid start in Game 4, and have a 19-18 lead. It hasn’t been overly pretty, but as expected, Chicago came out aggressive but couldn’t convert that energy into points. A key for the Celtics was their impressive work on the defensive glass. They have grabbed 11 of an available 13 defensive rebounds.
Rajon Rondo is once again leading the Celtics with seven points, three rebounds and two assists. Ray Allen has also been efficient with six points on three shots. Paul Pierce is off to a slow start–he’s missed his first three shots and Kendrick Perkins picked up two quick fouls at the end of the quarter.
But everything else is going Boston’s way. Chicago is shooting just 36 percent and the Bulls are having trouble getting good shots. The bench will have to make a bit of a stand in the next 12 minutes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...