Game 4: First quarter update
|04.26.09 at 1:30 pm ET|
The Celtics got off to a solid start in Game 4, and have a 19-18 lead. It hasn’t been overly pretty, but as expected, Chicago came out aggressive but couldn’t convert that energy into points. A key for the Celtics was their impressive work on the defensive glass. They have grabbed 11 of an available 13 defensive rebounds.
Rajon Rondo is once again leading the Celtics with seven points, three rebounds and two assists. Ray Allen has also been efficient with six points on three shots. Paul Pierce is off to a slow start–he’s missed his first three shots and Kendrick Perkins picked up two quick fouls at the end of the quarter.
But everything else is going Boston’s way. Chicago is shooting just 36 percent and the Bulls are having trouble getting good shots. The bench will have to make a bit of a stand in the next 12 minutes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason