Game 4: Second Quarter Update
|04.26.09 at 2:14 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo and Kendrick Perkins are proving just how much they have learned from playing with the Big Three. Once considered a supporting cast, Rondo and Perkins were the driving force behind the Celtics to a 46-45 first half lead over the Bulls.
Rondo is on pace for another triple-double with 10 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists. Perkins, often left alone to fight at the basket, posted 11 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 blocks.
The Bulls kicked off the second quarter with a 16-2 run, stemming back to the first quarter. But Paul Pierce broke out of his offensive slump, scoring his first points of the game during an 8-0 by the Celtics. He finished the half with 7 points and 5 rebounds.
While it is still anyone’s game at this point, the Bulls have to be concerned about second half surge from the Celtics. Glen Davis (1-6 FG, 2 points) has yet to get going and Pierce seems to just be warming up.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?