Game 4: Third quarter update
|04.26.09 at 2:55 pm ET|
After three, the Celtics have a 70-65 lead. Following two breathtaking games in Boston, and a blowout in Chicago, the Celtics and Bulls have settled in for a grind-it-out playoff game. No one is shooting the ball well, but the Celtics have been doing a good job on the defensive glass and limiting Chicago’s second-half points.
The C’s started the second half slowly, but picked it up at the end of the quarter with Paul Pierce scoring the final seven points of the quarter. Rajon Rondo continued his torrid play. He has 16 points, eight rebounds and six assists. Kendrick Perkins has also had a strong game with 15 points and seven rebounds. Perk’s play has made up for Big Baby Davis who is just 1-for-8 from the floor.
This is make or break time for the Bulls, and for the Celtics it’s a chance to take command of the series.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?