Game 4: Third quarter update
|04.26.09 at 2:55 pm ET|
After three, the Celtics have a 70-65 lead. Following two breathtaking games in Boston, and a blowout in Chicago, the Celtics and Bulls have settled in for a grind-it-out playoff game. No one is shooting the ball well, but the Celtics have been doing a good job on the defensive glass and limiting Chicago’s second-half points.
The C’s started the second half slowly, but picked it up at the end of the quarter with Paul Pierce scoring the final seven points of the quarter. Rajon Rondo continued his torrid play. He has 16 points, eight rebounds and six assists. Kendrick Perkins has also had a strong game with 15 points and seven rebounds. Perk’s play has made up for Big Baby Davis who is just 1-for-8 from the floor.
This is make or break time for the Bulls, and for the Celtics it’s a chance to take command of the series.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...