|Game 5: Second Quarter Update||04.28.09 at 8:12 pm ET|
At halftime … Bulls 47, Celtics 44
Worried about Ben Gordon? He shot just 2-for 11. But watch Kirk Hinrich. Even though he’s coming off the bench, he had been the Bulls starting PG before Rose was drafted … and it shows. Hinrich leads all players with 14 points (5/9 FG, 2/4 3PG).
Kendrick Perkins has been the driving force for the Celtics. The big man has been fearless on the glass, posting 8 points and 9 rebounds.
Other notes and numbers:
- Point Guard Watch: Rose was scoreless for his first 12 minutes. He finished the half with six points (3/7 FG). Rondo has 10 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists in 20 minutes. He drained a jumper as time expired in the second quarter.
- The Celtics are getting burned by the Bulls on offensive rebounds, 8-4. They trail 26-22 in total boards.
- Doc was up in arms after Scal got called for a foul on what looked like he took the charge against Tyrus Thomas. Scal redeemed himself, though, with a three. He gave Perkins eight minutes of rest and added a bucket, rebound, and two assists during that time.
- Kevin Garnett and Leon Powe are watching the game from the bench.
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon