Game 5: Second Quarter Update
|04.28.09 at 8:12 pm ET|
At halftime … Bulls 47, Celtics 44
Worried about Ben Gordon? He shot just 2-for 11. But watch Kirk Hinrich. Even though he’s coming off the bench, he had been the Bulls starting PG before Rose was drafted … and it shows. Hinrich leads all players with 14 points (5/9 FG, 2/4 3PG).
Kendrick Perkins has been the driving force for the Celtics. The big man has been fearless on the glass, posting 8 points and 9 rebounds.
Other notes and numbers:
– Point Guard Watch: Rose was scoreless for his first 12 minutes. He finished the half with six points (3/7 FG). Rondo has 10 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists in 20 minutes. He drained a jumper as time expired in the second quarter.
– The Celtics are getting burned by the Bulls on offensive rebounds, 8-4. They trail 26-22 in total boards.
– Doc was up in arms after Scal got called for a foul on what looked like he took the charge against Tyrus Thomas. Scal redeemed himself, though, with a three. He gave Perkins eight minutes of rest and added a bucket, rebound, and two assists during that time.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason