Game 5: Third quarter update
|04.28.09 at 9:01 pm ET|
After three, we are just about where we started two hours ago. The Bulls have a 70-66 lead, but neither team has been able to extend much of an advantage and both teams are shooting around 40 percent from the floor. It appears that the first four games of this series have exacted a heavy toll on both teams.
For the Celtics, Big Baby Davis was the go-to guy offensively with 10 of his 18 points in the quarter. Rajon Rondo also filled up the stat sheet with six points and four assists. Kirk Hinrich has picked up the slack for the Bulls with 19 points off the bench.
Ray Allen picked up his fourth foul midway through the third quarter and his presence was sorely missed. The Celtics have 12 minutes left in what could be the final home game of the season to make a run.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?