Game 6: Second Quarter Update
|04.30.09 at 8:33 pm ET|
At the half … Bulls 59, Celtics 57
In spite of 29 points from Ray Allen, the Celtics find themselves down 59-57 at halftime. Allen has shot 10-for-15 from the field, including 5-for-7 from three-point range. Paul Pierce is the Celtics second-leading scorer with 12 points.
But Allen’s performance has been overshadowed by the real storyline of the game – foul trouble.
A total of 27 fouls were called in the first half, including a flagrant against Rajon Rondo in the first quarter. Kendrick Perkins, who did not commit a single foul in Game 5, was whistled for three fouls in 12 minutes. Six of the Bulls have been whistled for at least two fouls — Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich have been called for three personals.
Watch for Rondo in the second half. He has been uncharacteristically reluctant to drive the paint tonight and is scoreless in 19 minutes. Allen may have the hot hand so far, but Rondo cannot be hesitant with his shot for the rest of the game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...