Game 6: Second Quarter Update
|04.30.09 at 8:33 pm ET|
At the half … Bulls 59, Celtics 57
In spite of 29 points from Ray Allen, the Celtics find themselves down 59-57 at halftime. Allen has shot 10-for-15 from the field, including 5-for-7 from three-point range. Paul Pierce is the Celtics second-leading scorer with 12 points.
But Allen’s performance has been overshadowed by the real storyline of the game – foul trouble.
A total of 27 fouls were called in the first half, including a flagrant against Rajon Rondo in the first quarter. Kendrick Perkins, who did not commit a single foul in Game 5, was whistled for three fouls in 12 minutes. Six of the Bulls have been whistled for at least two fouls — Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich have been called for three personals.
Watch for Rondo in the second half. He has been uncharacteristically reluctant to drive the paint tonight and is scoreless in 19 minutes. Allen may have the hot hand so far, but Rondo cannot be hesitant with his shot for the rest of the game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason