Game 7 Garnett Chatter
|05.01.09 at 8:37 am ET|
There were rumors of a possible return even before Kevin Garnett decided to hold off knee surgery. There were the conspiracy theorists who believed KG would suit up if it came down to a Celtics/Cavs Eastern Conference Finals. Reggie Miller believed Garnett would return even sooner if the Celtics made it out of the first round.
But now the Celtics are tied 3-3 with the Bulls and elimination is on the line. It was only inevitable that the rumors — remember, nothing has been confirmed — would heat up.
Following the Celtics Game 6 triple-overtime loss, ESPN’s Gene Wojciechowski addressed the issue:
Even more interesting is the rumor, nothing more, that the injured Kevin Garnett might attempt a Game 7 return.
“You must be one of those conspiracy theorists,” said Allen, when asked to divulge any secret Garnett-will-play scenarios.
Allen has acted in movies, but he seemed to play it straight on the possibility of a Garnett return. He said Garnett is “anxious,” but wouldn’t you be if you had to watch Marbury?
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?