|Game 7 Garnett Chatter||05.01.09 at 8:37 am ET|
There were rumors of a possible return even before Kevin Garnett decided to hold off knee surgery. There were the conspiracy theorists who believed KG would suit up if it came down to a Celtics/Cavs Eastern Conference Finals. Reggie Miller believed Garnett would return even sooner if the Celtics made it out of the first round.
But now the Celtics are tied 3-3 with the Bulls and elimination is on the line. It was only inevitable that the rumors — remember, nothing has been confirmed — would heat up.
Following the Celtics Game 6 triple-overtime loss, ESPN’s Gene Wojciechowski addressed the issue:
Even more interesting is the rumor, nothing more, that the injured Kevin Garnett might attempt a Game 7 return.
“You must be one of those conspiracy theorists,” said Allen, when asked to divulge any secret Garnett-will-play scenarios.
Allen has acted in movies, but he seemed to play it straight on the possibility of a Garnett return. He said Garnett is “anxious,” but wouldn’t you be if you had to watch Marbury?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/24
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed