Game 7: Second quarter update
|05.02.09 at 9:20 pm ET|
For the first time in this series, last season’s playoff atmosphere is back.
Down 27-23 after the first quarter, the Celtics outscored the Bulls 29-11 heading into halftime. In the final eight minutes of the half the Bulls shot 0-6 from the floor while committing 7 turnovers.
Rather than live and die from long range, the Celtics took it inside and scored 16 points in the paint. Even more importantly, they stopped the Bulls from doing the game. The Bulls did not score a single lay up in the entire half (4 points in the paint).
But there is more to this game than inside scoring. The Celtics bench has finally come alive in Game 7. Brian Scalabrine, Eddie House, and Mikki Moore combined for 18 points. Moore (gasp) even drew an offensive foul.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...