Noah on KG: Not my favorite player anymore
|05.02.09 at 7:15 pm ET|
There was a time when Kevin Garnett was Joakim Noah’s favorite NBA player.
Those days are long gone.
“I don’t care about him at all. I don’t care about him at all,” Noah said before Game 7. “He used to be my favorite player. Not my favorite player any more.”
There was a time when Noah admired Garnett’s passion. He has been witnessing it in the Celtics-Bulls first round match up, as an injured Garnett has been emotional on the sidelines.
“He’s talking the whole time,” Noah said. “You can tell that he’s really passionate about his team, especially when things are going well.”
But he stopped looking up to Garnett when he got to the NBA in 2007. It wasn’t just because they were wearing different uniforms, either. Even though Noah cannot deny Garnett’s talent, that’s where the compliment ends.
“He’s a great player,” he said. “Now that I hear stories, I see how he is, not a big fan. “
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?