Noah on KG: Not my favorite player anymore
|05.02.09 at 7:15 pm ET|
There was a time when Kevin Garnett was Joakim Noah’s favorite NBA player.
Those days are long gone.
“I don’t care about him at all. I don’t care about him at all,” Noah said before Game 7. “He used to be my favorite player. Not my favorite player any more.”
There was a time when Noah admired Garnett’s passion. He has been witnessing it in the Celtics-Bulls first round match up, as an injured Garnett has been emotional on the sidelines.
“He’s talking the whole time,” Noah said. “You can tell that he’s really passionate about his team, especially when things are going well.”
But he stopped looking up to Garnett when he got to the NBA in 2007. It wasn’t just because they were wearing different uniforms, either. Even though Noah cannot deny Garnett’s talent, that’s where the compliment ends.
“He’s a great player,” he said. “Now that I hear stories, I see how he is, not a big fan. “
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...