Noah on KG: Not my favorite player anymore
|05.02.09 at 7:15 pm ET|
There was a time when Kevin Garnett was Joakim Noah’s favorite NBA player.
Those days are long gone.
“I don’t care about him at all. I don’t care about him at all,” Noah said before Game 7. “He used to be my favorite player. Not my favorite player any more.”
There was a time when Noah admired Garnett’s passion. He has been witnessing it in the Celtics-Bulls first round match up, as an injured Garnett has been emotional on the sidelines.
“He’s talking the whole time,” Noah said. “You can tell that he’s really passionate about his team, especially when things are going well.”
But he stopped looking up to Garnett when he got to the NBA in 2007. It wasn’t just because they were wearing different uniforms, either. Even though Noah cannot deny Garnett’s talent, that’s where the compliment ends.
“He’s a great player,” he said. “Now that I hear stories, I see how he is, not a big fan. “
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"