|Game 1: Early update||05.04.09 at 8:18 pm ET|
Like a couple of boxers, both teams came out a little gingerly, trying to size each other up. Two things have stood out so far.
First, the Celtics are not going to double Dwight Howard in the post when Kendrick Perkins is on him. That doesn’t allow the Magic’s perimeter shooters to get open looks off the double team, and simply reinforces how important it is for Perkins to stay out of foul trouble. Perk picked up a loose ball foul when he was a little too aggressive and knocked Rashard Lewis down.
Second, the Celtics are going right at Howard. Big Baby Davis, Perkins and even Ray Allen have taken it hard to the basket. Ray got his shot swatted into the third row for his troubles, but don’t look for the C’s to stop going at him. Howard picked up a charge 45 seconds into the game (Big Baby took it) and the Celtics would love to get him into foul trouble.
- Celtics/Clippers trade talks re-stuck, will resume again in the morning
- Clippers re-engage in talks with Celtics, determined to get deal done
- Boston Celtics Links 6/19
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout