Game 1: First quarter update
|05.04.09 at 8:28 pm ET|
Maybe it was the long series with the Bulls, or maybe it was the layoff for the Magic, or maybe it’s just the first-game feeling out process, whatever the reason we’re off to a slow, even sluggish start in this one with Orlando holding a 24-19 lead.
The Celtics racked up five turnovers already, and the Magic have been active playing the passing lanes. Orlando hasn’t been much better, turning it over three times. But, as expected, Rashard Lewis has been a tough cover for the Celtics. He leads both teams with 12 points. Dwight Howard, however, is 0-for-3 and missed a hook from point-blank range. Paul Pierce has seven for the Celtics and Big Baby Davis scored six.
One other note: The Celtics in-game operations have been playing extensive clips from the first round series on the Jumbotron. Might be time to let it go. The crowd is nowhere near as hyped as they were for Game 7. That’s to be expected, but it’s a new series now.
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk