Game 1: Third quarter update
|05.04.09 at 9:54 pm ET|
After playing uninspired ball in the first half, the Celtics came out stronger in the third quarter, but failed to cut into Orlando’s lead all that much and trail 78-62 heading into the fourth quarter. Rajon Rondo led the charge, scoring 10 of his 12 points in the quarter, with all of it coming at the free throw line. He even challenged Dwight Howard with a tough drive to the basket, but the Magic made five 3-pointers in the quarter, which kept the C’s at bay.
The Celtics are still shooting just 38 percent from the floor, while Orlando is at 49 percent. It’s a simple game sometimes. They need to make more shots and force the Magic to miss if they’re going to get back into it.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...