Reports: LeBron to be named MVP
|05.04.09 at 10:54 am ET|
LeBron James will be named NBA MVP today, according to Brian Windhorst of Cleveland’s Plain Dealer. Citing league sources, Windhorst reported the announcement will be made this afternoon at the St. Vincent – St. Mary High School in Akron, the same gym where James announced his decision to enter the NBA. James averaged 28.4 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 7.6 assists this season. He will be the first Cavalier in franchise history to win the award, which will be presented prior to Game 1 of the Cavs-Hawks series on Tuesday night in Cleveland.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...