|Howard: Perkins makes me better||05.05.09 at 12:32 am ET|
Dwight Howard has always been generous with his compliments of Kendrick Perkins.
“Kendrick did a Kareem shake tonight,” Howard said after the Magic’s win in March. “It shocked me, but that just shows me that those guys have really been working on their game and they’ve gotten a lot better.”
He was just as quick to credit Perkins after the Magic’s victory in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Howard scored just seven points and got to the line once in the second half.
“They played great defense tonight,” Howard said of the Celtics. “They pushed me out, I didn’t get into a good rhythm. Kendrick (Perkins) kept a body on me and that’s what he’s supposed to do. I have a lot of respect for Kendrick and he makes me a better player, something I look forward to next game. Me and Pat (assistant coach Patrick Ewing) will watch film, see what I need to do so that it won’t be another night like tonight.”
Howard and Perkins will battle again in Game 2 on Wednesday night.
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?
- Clippers call off talks for Doc Rivers - real or posturing?