Game 2 pregame: Rajon Rondo
|05.06.09 at 7:39 pm ET|
What was Rajon Rondo’s reaction to the news that he had been named to the NBA’s All Defensive Team Second Team? A shrug, basically. “I take pride in my defense,” he said. “It’s nice to be recognized.” It was his only individual goal, Rondo said, but still it didn’t really faze him, as almost nothing does. He did, however, advocate for Kendrick Perkins who did not get a spot on either the first or second team, despite receiving a first place vote. “I thought Perk should have been on one of those teams,” Rondo said.
A couple of other highlights from Rondo:
On gaining weight: He said that he weighs 179.2 pounds, up from 163 when he entered the league, which he attributes to growing up, working out with trainer Bryan Doo and eating healthy. Rondo said he spent more time in the weight room last summer than he has in the past. Rondo said that the trainers have told him he’s quicker than he was last year, but he doesn’t really believe it.
On the place he got booed the most in college: “Kentucky.” Wait, you mean where you played in college? “Yup. Tough crowd. I guess I just played bad.”
On his game: “I haven’t shot the ball well. I’m still getting rebounds, still getting assists. I’m just missing shots. They’re the same shots I took in the first five games.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?