|Garnett, Rondo receive All-Defensive honors||05.06.09 at 2:22 pm ET|
Celtics forward Kevin Garnett was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team for the 2008-09 season. The former Defensive Player of the Year received 35 votes (13 First Team).
Rajon Rondo was named to the All-Defensive Second Team with 23 votes (4 First Team). Kendrick Perkins received four votes, including one First Team bid. Dwight Howard was the leading vote-getter.
2008-09 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM
Dwight Howard, Orlando
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
LeBron James, Cleveland
Chris Paul, New Orleans
Kevin Garnett, Boston
2008-09 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Dwyane Wade, Miami
Rajon Rondo, Boston
Shane Battier, Houston
Ron Artest, Houston
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin