Game 4: First quarter update
|05.10.09 at 8:42 pm ET|
After one the Celtics are down 28-25, but it has been a noticeably different Celtics team than the one we saw Friday night. Rajon Rondo has been aggressively attacking the basket and he is too quick for Rafer Alston to handle.
Dwight Howard picked up two early fouls, but the Magic got a lift from their bench, particularly Marcin Gortat who came in for Howard and scored six points. The Celtics got caught in a strange situation when it looked like Kendrick Perkins picked up his second foul for an illegal screen. Perkins went to the bench, but after the substitution had been made the refs changed the call to Paul Pierce. Without Perkins in the game, Gortat was able to get two offensive rebounds over the smaller lineup and converted the second into a score.
Orlando started the game shooting 3-for-12, but with the second unit in the game, they made seven of 11.
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9