Game 4: Halftime Update
|05.10.09 at 9:24 pm ET|
The first half of Game 4 has been dictated by foul trouble. The tone was set early when Glen Davis was benched 46 seconds after the tip with his first personal. By the end of the first half, 29 fouls had been called and 25 free throws were taken.
Paul Pierce (18 points) scored seven straight points in the second quarter to lead the Celtics before being whistled for his third. Rashard Lewis (11 points) is the high scorer for the Magic.
Ray Allen still struggles on the offensive end. He has attempted just four field goals (4 points) and is 0-for-2 from three-point range.
There are two match ups to keep an eye on in the second half — the longtime battle between Pierce and Turkoglu as well as the emerging duel between Perkins (8 points, 9 rebounds) and Howard (9 points, 10 rebounds).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...