Father demands apology from Big Baby
|05.11.09 at 2:42 pm ET|
There are those who will remember Game 4 between the Celtics and Magic as ‘the game won by Big Baby.’ Then there are those who will remember it as ‘the game where Big Baby shoved the kid.’ And that fan’s father is making no mistake of how he is remembering it.
The Orlando Sentinel has reported Ernest Provetti, the father of 12-year-old Nicholas, has sent an e-mail to the NBA demanding an apology from Davis. According to Provetti, Davis shoved his son after hitting the game-winner so hard that his baseball cap fell of his head and he dove into his seat.
In addition to referencing Davis as “raging animal with no regard for fans’ personal safety,’ Provetti told the Sentinel in a telephone interview, “The NBA makes it clear to not cross the sideline. If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It’s a double standard.”
Provetti, a former Celtics fan from New Jersey, now lives in Orlando and sits courtside at every Magic game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...