Father demands apology from Big Baby
|05.11.09 at 2:42 pm ET|
There are those who will remember Game 4 between the Celtics and Magic as ‘the game won by Big Baby.’ Then there are those who will remember it as ‘the game where Big Baby shoved the kid.’ And that fan’s father is making no mistake of how he is remembering it.
The Orlando Sentinel has reported Ernest Provetti, the father of 12-year-old Nicholas, has sent an e-mail to the NBA demanding an apology from Davis. According to Provetti, Davis shoved his son after hitting the game-winner so hard that his baseball cap fell of his head and he dove into his seat.
In addition to referencing Davis as “raging animal with no regard for fans’ personal safety,’ Provetti told the Sentinel in a telephone interview, “The NBA makes it clear to not cross the sideline. If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It’s a double standard.”
Provetti, a former Celtics fan from New Jersey, now lives in Orlando and sits courtside at every Magic game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?