Pierce makes second-team All NBA
|05.13.09 at 1:32 pm ET|
Paul Pierce was selected to the All-NBA Second Team the league announced today. Pierce had been on three All-NBA Third Teams (2001-02, 2002-03 and 200708), but this this is the first time he has cracked the Second Team barrier.
No other Celtics made First, Second or Third team All-NBA, although Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Rajon R0ndo also received votes. This was not one of the captain’s better seasons statistically, but he earned praise for keeping the team together during an injury-plagued second half and for several clutch performances.
LeBron James was the only unanimous selection.
G: Dwyane Wade
G: Kobe Bryant
F: LeBron James
F: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Dwight Howard
G: Brandon Roy
G: Chris Paul
F: Paul Pierce
F: Tim Duncan
C: Yao Ming
G: Tony Parker
G: Chauncey Billups
F: Carmelo Anthony
F: Pau Gasol
C: Shaquille O’Neal
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73