|Back to the scene of the crime||05.14.09 at 5:35 pm ET|
ORLANDO – Doc Rivers readily admitted after Game 5 that the Celtics stole victory from the the Orlando Magic on the parquet. But it was Glen Davis who this afternoon returned to the scene of the crime.
And ESPN cameras were there to shoot it.
As Rashard Lewis came into the building and took a left for the Magic locker room, Davis followed in behind. The camera crew quickly changed their focus from following Lewis to trailing Davis, getting in front of him for a shot sure to be seen tonight in one of those ‘Look who’s in the building’ now shots. ESPN has the game on its air beginning at 7 p.m. ET.
It was Davis, of course, who ripped victory out of the mouths of the Magic and their rabid fans with his now-famous jumper from the left wing at the buzzer of Game 4.
That shot and the scene that ensued is stuff of playoff legend and Davis walked into the building this afternoon just before 5 p.m., returning to arena where he hit his shot and then bumped into the 12-year-old son of Ernest Provetti before racing down the court in jubilation.
No word on whether Provetti and his son will be back for more tonight.
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Danny and Doc had a Splittsville On Ubuntu!!!!
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?