Back to the scene of the crime
|05.14.09 at 5:35 pm ET|
ORLANDO – Doc Rivers readily admitted after Game 5 that the Celtics stole victory from the the Orlando Magic on the parquet. But it was Glen Davis who this afternoon returned to the scene of the crime.
And ESPN cameras were there to shoot it.
As Rashard Lewis came into the building and took a left for the Magic locker room, Davis followed in behind. The camera crew quickly changed their focus from following Lewis to trailing Davis, getting in front of him for a shot sure to be seen tonight in one of those ‘Look who’s in the building’ now shots. ESPN has the game on its air beginning at 7 p.m. ET.
It was Davis, of course, who ripped victory out of the mouths of the Magic and their rabid fans with his now-famous jumper from the left wing at the buzzer of Game 4.
That shot and the scene that ensued is stuff of playoff legend and Davis walked into the building this afternoon just before 5 p.m., returning to arena where he hit his shot and then bumped into the 12-year-old son of Ernest Provetti before racing down the court in jubilation.
No word on whether Provetti and his son will be back for more tonight.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?