|Game 6 First Quarter Blog thoughts||05.14.09 at 7:36 pm ET|
ORLANDO – Some early thoughts from Amway Arena. Doc Rivers, who stressed the importance of his big men to play disciplined before the game, sent an early message to Glen Davis. The hero of Game 4 would not return the rest of the quarter as the Celtics shot out to a 25-22 lead after one, quieting a crowd that was already nervous.
At 10:41, after getting Boston’s first basket on a layup, Davis pulled out after committing first foul and replaced by Brian Scalabrine. At 9:29 Dwight Howard dunked for his first basket. At 9:09, Howard with a put-back dunk. At 8:33 Perkins as shot clock expired. At 7:46 Howard gets easy layup then taunts and gets a technical foul.
Howard started 3-for-4 while the rest of the team started 0-for-9 before Rafer Alston drilled a three-pointer midway through the quarter.
Magic were ice cold in first quarter and shot just 9-for-26.
- Celtics/Clippers trade talks re-stuck, will resume again in the morning
- Clippers re-engage in talks with Celtics, determined to get deal done
- Boston Celtics Links 6/19
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout