Game 6 third quarter blog thoughts
|05.14.09 at 9:10 pm ET|
ORLANDO -If the Magic lose the game, look at the free throw line. Orlando missed five of their first six of the third quarter and had made just 9-of-17 through three. The Celtics still led, 62-61, in the lowest scoring three quarters of the series so far. Rajon Rondo has an amazing 15 rebounds as the Celtics are outrebounding the Magic, 37-29.
9:24 Glen Davis picks up his fourth but Rashard Lewis misses another two free throws.
Some other tidbits: At 2:56 in perhaps the most bizarre reaction ever to a neutral jump ball call, Magic guard Rafer Alston kissed the folically-challenged head of Marc Davis. Alston blocked the shot of Kendrick Perkins from behind and Alston immediately pleaded his case for a traveling call.
At 8:01, Magic time out as the Celtics begin the quarter on a 7-0 run that featured a Rondo three as the shot clock expired. At 7:04 Howard spin and fade away jumper left baseline gives Celtics their biggest lead, 55-45. At 6:25 Another Rondo jumper as the shot clock expired. Howard has 22 points and 17 rebounds.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?