Game 6 third quarter blog thoughts
|05.14.09 at 9:10 pm ET|
ORLANDO -If the Magic lose the game, look at the free throw line. Orlando missed five of their first six of the third quarter and had made just 9-of-17 through three. The Celtics still led, 62-61, in the lowest scoring three quarters of the series so far. Rajon Rondo has an amazing 15 rebounds as the Celtics are outrebounding the Magic, 37-29.
9:24 Glen Davis picks up his fourth but Rashard Lewis misses another two free throws.
Some other tidbits: At 2:56 in perhaps the most bizarre reaction ever to a neutral jump ball call, Magic guard Rafer Alston kissed the folically-challenged head of Marc Davis. Alston blocked the shot of Kendrick Perkins from behind and Alston immediately pleaded his case for a traveling call.
At 8:01, Magic time out as the Celtics begin the quarter on a 7-0 run that featured a Rondo three as the shot clock expired. At 7:04 Howard spin and fade away jumper left baseline gives Celtics their biggest lead, 55-45. At 6:25 Another Rondo jumper as the shot clock expired. Howard has 22 points and 17 rebounds.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason