Rondo: “I guess we just choked”
|05.14.09 at 11:39 pm ET|
“We didn’t run out of gas,” Rondo said. “I guess we just choked. We turned the ball over and things did not go our way. We did not get stops. We turned the ball over and things did not go our way. We did not get stops. Turnovers led to a lot of points. We did not get to the free throw line like we wanted to. We only got there 13 times. We were not the more aggressive team tonight. They fought back and stuck with it. We did not get the punch out.”
Rondo pointed to the lack of execution in the second half as one big reason for blowing a 10-point third quarter lead.
“We did not get any rhythm at all and that caused some turnovers,” Rondo added. “They capitalized off our turnovers.”
The Celtics committed 22 turnovers, leading to 29 points. Orlando turned it over 10 times and Boston scored just three points off Magic miscues the whole night.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...