|Rondo: “I guess we just choked”||05.14.09 at 11:39 pm ET|
ORLANDO – Rajon Rondo didn’t mince words following a bitter 83-75 loss to the Orlando Magic that has forced Game 7 Sunday night at TD Banknorth Garden.
“We didn’t run out of gas,” Rondo said. “I guess we just choked. We turned the ball over and things did not go our way. We did not get stops. We turned the ball over and things did not go our way. We did not get stops. Turnovers led to a lot of points. We did not get to the free throw line like we wanted to. We only got there 13 times. We were not the more aggressive team tonight. They fought back and stuck with it. We did not get the punch out.”
Rondo pointed to the lack of execution in the second half as one big reason for blowing a 10-point third quarter lead.
“We did not get any rhythm at all and that caused some turnovers,” Rondo added. “They capitalized off our turnovers.”
The Celtics committed 22 turnovers, leading to 29 points. Orlando turned it over 10 times and Boston scored just three points off Magic miscues the whole night.
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?
- Clippers call off talks for Doc Rivers - real or posturing?