Rondo: “I guess we just choked”
|05.14.09 at 11:39 pm ET|
ORLANDO – Rajon Rondo didn’t mince words following a bitter 83-75 loss to the Orlando Magic that has forced Game 7 Sunday night at TD Banknorth Garden.
“We didn’t run out of gas,” Rondo said. “I guess we just choked. We turned the ball over and things did not go our way. We did not get stops. We turned the ball over and things did not go our way. We did not get stops. Turnovers led to a lot of points. We did not get to the free throw line like we wanted to. We only got there 13 times. We were not the more aggressive team tonight. They fought back and stuck with it. We did not get the punch out.”
Rondo pointed to the lack of execution in the second half as one big reason for blowing a 10-point third quarter lead.
“We did not get any rhythm at all and that caused some turnovers,” Rondo added. “They capitalized off our turnovers.”
The Celtics committed 22 turnovers, leading to 29 points. Orlando turned it over 10 times and Boston scored just three points off Magic miscues the whole night.
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4