Game 7: Buzzkill
|05.17.09 at 10:08 pm ET|
Before the fourth quarter started the Celtics luminaries were shown on the Jumbotron. Kc Jones, JoJo White and John Havlicek were all presented one by one and the Garden was rocking.
And then… Mickael Pietrus happened. First he banged a 3-pointer and then after Courtney Lee finished off a three-point play, Pietrus scored on a pull-up jumper to make it 74-61 with 10:30 left.
Doc Rivers called a timeout and as the crowd sat in stunned silence. Then a “Let’s Go Celtics” chant started up in the rafters and the Garden was brought back to life. Coming out of the timeout, Stephon Marbury missed a 3-pointer and Hedo Turkoglu completed another three-point play to give the Magic their biggest lead of the night at 77-61.
Do the Celtics have one more run in them?
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning