Game 7: First Half Update
|05.17.09 at 9:14 pm ET|
Welcome back Ray Allen.
The biggest question in this series had been, what happened to Ray? In the first half of Game 7 he answered. Allen entered halftime with 13 points (5-10 FG, 1-3 3PG, 2-2 FT). He also did the little things that make him valuable to the Celtics, contributing 3 rebounds and 2 assists.
Frustrated by whistles in the first quarter, the Celtics began attacking the basket determined to draw calls against the Magic. Slowly their plan worked. Hedo Turkoglu picked up his third personal with 6:39 left in the half. Dwight Howard got called for his third with 2:06 to go. The Celtics outscored the Magic 14-8 since Turkoglu went to the bench.
Even though the Celtics picked up momentum in the second quarter, the Magic still have a 45-38 lead at halftime. Foul trouble will be critical in the second half. Also keep an eye on Rajon Rondo, who had a quiet first half with just 2 points, 2 rebounds, and 3 assists.
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9