Rondo returns from Nike camp in China
|06.16.09 at 12:22 am ET|
While his name was being floated around in trade rumors, Rajon Rondo was overseas for Nike’s All Asia Camp in China. Rondo made the trip with another young point guard who turned heads in the posteason, Houston Rocket Aaron Brooks.
Rondo shared the details on his Yardbarker blog, including hitting the court with campers, immersing himself in a new culture, and dining with Yao Ming:
“Nihao. I just got back home from Beijing, China. I went over there for Nike’s All Asia Camp. Me and Aaron Brooks made the trip over there for Nike, and I have to admit that I was a little nervous about going because of the 13 hour flight. I don’t like to fly at all, so when I found out that the flight was 13 hours, I was a little hesitant. I’m really glad that I made the trip though-it turned out to be one of the best trips that I’ve ever taken. I got the chance to interact with the campers-I did drills, played some games, and coached the Asia Pacific team in the All-Star game (my team won). I also got to experience some of the city. I went shopping a couple of places, climbed the Great Wall, had an in store Nike appearance, and caught up with Yao for dinner one night.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?