Rondo trade rumors discussed
|06.16.09 at 7:03 pm ET|
On Tuesday’s edition of Comcast SportsNet’s Sports Tonight, ESPN Radio’s Ryen Russillo and Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix shed light on the Rajon Rondo trade rumors. Both pointed to same reason for Rondo’s inclusion in offseason talks: Money.
Russillo: Yeah I think there’s a bigger chance that they’d move him than maybe Boston fans would think. I think when it was originally rumored, whatever that Phoenix deal was with Amar’e Stoudemire, I heard a lot of people say oh the Celtics would never trade Rondo. But based on what I’ve heard the last couple days, I don’t think that’s true. Look, I don’t think they’re trying to move him, but I think they’re trying to throw some pieces around and let basketball people know that they’d move some of these guys to avoid maybe having to pay Rondo all the money they’ll have to pay and then pair him with guys that are going to be two years older than they are right now.
Mannix: Well they don’t like his contract demands first of all. Rondo’s not the kind of guy who’s going to take a hometown discount to stay in Boston. He’s going to sign with whoever offers him the most dollars at the end of his contract, whenever it’s up. He’s going to be a guy who’s going to go out there and try to get the most money.
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...