Report: Celtics offered Allen, Rondo to Pistons
|06.23.09 at 12:51 am ET|
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports has reported the Boston Celtics offered Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo to the Detroit Pistons in a package deal that included Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and Rodney Stuckey. According to Wojnarowski, the deal was proposed by a lower-level Celtics executive last weekend and was rejected by the Pistons before the conversations escalated to a discussion between general managers Danny Ainge and Joe Dumars.
“This isn’t an uncommon occurrence for a GM like Ainge to dispatch an underling to make that kind of a call, if for no other reason to give the top executive some level of deniability that he’s shopping his stars,” Wojnarowski wrote.
Both Allen and Rondo have been mentioned in nearly every Celtics trade rumor this offseason, largely because of their contracts. Allen is entering the final season of his deal while the Cs have to decide whether or not to extend Rondo’s contract by this October. Rondo recently told WEEI he does not expect to be traded this summer.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...