Report: Celtics proposed two trades to Grizzlies
|06.28.09 at 10:03 pm ET|
Draft Night may have seemed quiet for the Celtics, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t trying to make moves behind the scenes. After last Thursday’s draft Celtics GM Danny Ainge said the Celtics had conversations about landing a higher pick in the second round. According to the Memphis Commercial-Appeal, some of those conversations centered around the Grizzlies:
The Celtics’ best offer for the Grizzlies’ No. 2 pick only included center Kendrick Perkins.
The Grizzlies kept their pick and selected forward Sam Young from Pittsburgh. The Celtics used their only pick (58th) to draft guard Lester Young from University of Tennessee-Martin.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?