Ainge addresses free agency
|06.29.09 at 1:20 pm ET|
The Boston Celtics have to address several uncertainties this summer as they build their team for the 2010 season. GM Danny Ainge has the answer to at least one question.
They will pursue restricted free agent Glen Davis.
“We plan to qualify Baby and get things going,” Ainge said during a teleconference on Monday.
Another question mark on the Celtics is the return of Eddie House. Even though Ainge is unsure of House’s gameplan in the free agent market, he feels confident he will be back in Boston next fall.
While they pursue retaining their own players, Ainge is also searching the rest of the free agent pool.
“There’s a level of free agents who will be July 1 we’ll try to take a run at. There’s a whole long list of free agents that we like,” he said without naming specific players.
Ainge also addressed assistant coach Tom Thibodeau, who interviewed for head coaching vacancies with the Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings this offseason, in regard to the opening with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
“I have not heard from Minnesota,” he said. “I had called them earlier, and they had told me that they are starting their coaching search after the draft.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?