Celtics announce NBDL affiliation
|06.29.09 at 1:11 pm ET|
On Monday Boston Celtics General Manager and Portland Red Claws President and General Manager Jon Jennings announced the affilation between the NBA and NBA Development League teams. Ainge is currently assisting Jennings in the search to fill their head coaching vacancy.
“I’ve interviewed between 20-25 coaches. Danny has been a great resource from the beginning. We’ve been looking for a coach that’s more progressive. One that maybe is willing to use statistical analysis. A modern coach for a lack of better term,” said Jennings. “Age is not an issue. I’m looking for someone who is extremely committed to the Red Claws, someone who’s maybe looking into doing things a little differently. There has been just tremendous candidates. Its indicative of how people are viewing our franchise.”
Last season the Celtics were affiliated with the Utah Flash in Provo. Click here to listen to Jenning’s announcement this morning on The Big Jab radio show.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason