Another head coaching vacancy opens
|06.30.09 at 1:36 pm ET|
On Tuesday the Detroit Pistons announced Michael Curry will not return next season after his first year as an NBA head coach. Curry led the Pistons to a 39-43 record. They were swept by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round of the playoffs a year after reaching the Eastern Conference Finals against the Boston Celtics.
The Minnesota Timberwolves are also still looking for a new head coach after firing Kevin McHale. Don’t be surprised to hear Celtics assistant coach Tom Thibodeau’s name mentioned as a possible candidate for the two vacancies. He previously interviewed with the Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings this offseason.
On Monday Celtics GM Danny Ainge said, “I have not heard from Minnesota. I had called them earlier, and they had told me that they are starting their coaching search after the draft.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason