Free agency kicks off
|07.01.09 at 8:37 am ET|
Free agency officially began at 12:01am on Wednesday morning and there is already news surrounding the Celtics offseason moves:
- Eddie House will return to play out the remainder of his contract worth $2.86 million next season. “Eddie is staying in the contract,’’ his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told the Boston Globe. ‘’It was a tough decision. We went back and forth the last couple of weeks. But, when it was all said and done, Eddie loved his time in Boston, he feels like he is on a championship contender, he really enjoys playing with his teammates and playing for Doc [Rivers], and the fans have been great to him.”
- The Celtics will not make a qualifying offer to Leon Powe, Danny Ainge told the Metrowest Daily News. After tearing his ACL in the first round of the playoffs, he is not expected to play return for the first half of next season.
- Ainge said earlier this week the Celtics do intend to make a qualifying offer to Glen Davis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...