Free agency kicks off
|07.01.09 at 8:37 am ET|
Free agency officially began at 12:01am on Wednesday morning and there is already news surrounding the Celtics offseason moves:
- Eddie House will return to play out the remainder of his contract worth $2.86 million next season. “Eddie is staying in the contract,’’ his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told the Boston Globe. ‘’It was a tough decision. We went back and forth the last couple of weeks. But, when it was all said and done, Eddie loved his time in Boston, he feels like he is on a championship contender, he really enjoys playing with his teammates and playing for Doc [Rivers], and the fans have been great to him.”
- The Celtics will not make a qualifying offer to Leon Powe, Danny Ainge told the Metrowest Daily News. After tearing his ACL in the first round of the playoffs, he is not expected to play return for the first half of next season.
- Ainge said earlier this week the Celtics do intend to make a qualifying offer to Glen Davis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason