Pierce knew Rondo would not be traded
|07.01.09 at 9:25 am ET|
Celtics GM Danny Ainge told Paul Pierce that Rajon Rondo would not be traded, Pierce told Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and FoxSports.com. “Danny [Ainge] told me and told Kevin [Garnett],” Pierce said. “We knew he wasn’t going to be traded.”
Rondo had been mentioned in several trade rumors before the NBA Draft. Speculation of the Celtics moving the point guard were further fueled by talks of Rondo’s attitude. Ainge revealed on WEEI that the Celtics had fined Rondo for tardiness during the season and did not consider him a max contract player right now. He later reaffirmed the Celtics interest in Rondo, telling WEEI, “I think we value Rondo more than anybody else in the league values him and we know everything about him — all the good and the bad that comes with a 23-year-old kid who’s been put in a pressure kicker.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries