Report: Daniels commits to Celtics
|07.17.09 at 8:22 pm ET|
The Boston Herald has reported small forward Marquis Daniels has committed to the Boston Celtics. According to the Herald, Daniels will either sign a $1.9 million biannual exception or be dealt to the Celtics in a sign-and-trade with the Indiana Pacers.
Daniels averaged a career-high 13.6 points and 4.6 rebounds in 54 games last season.
After Grant Hill re-signed with the Phoenix Suns, several sources indicated the Celtics were still pursuing a back up for Paul Pierce. The Celtics captain averaged nearly 38 minutes per game last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?