|Report: Daniels commits to Celtics||07.17.09 at 8:22 pm ET|
The Boston Herald has reported small forward Marquis Daniels has committed to the Boston Celtics. According to the Herald, Daniels will either sign a $1.9 million biannual exception or be dealt to the Celtics in a sign-and-trade with the Indiana Pacers.
Daniels averaged a career-high 13.6 points and 4.6 rebounds in 54 games last season.
After Grant Hill re-signed with the Phoenix Suns, several sources indicated the Celtics were still pursuing a back up for Paul Pierce. The Celtics captain averaged nearly 38 minutes per game last season.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors
- Celtics offseason trade ideas