Official Press Release: Celtics Re-Sign Glen Davis
|08.10.09 at 1:55 pm ET|
‘Glen has been a big part of our success for the past two years and we are very excited to have him back,’ said Danny Ainge, Celtics President of Basketball Operations.
Davis, a 6’9’, 289 lbs, forward has spent two seasons with the Celtics and had a breakout 2008-09 season in which he averaged 7.0 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. The former LSU Tiger continued his breakout campaign in the 2009 playoffs during which he averaged 15.8 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. Davis made 16 starts during the 2008-09 regular season and averaged 12.6 points and 5.6 rebounds in 33.0 minutes per game. ‘Big Baby’ scored a career-high 24 points against the Memphis Grizzlies on March 21, 2009. Davis also hit the biggest shot of his career to date when he nailed a game-winning jumper against the Orlando Magic in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals to send the series back to Boston tied 2-2. During the First Round of the 2009 playoffs against the Chicago Bulls, Davis averaged 18.1 points and 6.7 rebounds.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?