Sources: Davis deal worth two years, approximately $6 million
|08.10.09 at 11:32 am ET|
According to Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and FoxSports.com, Glen Davis has agreed to a two-year deal that will pay him approximately $6 million. Goodman reports that Davis had fielded some interest from teams in the offseason, but no one put forth an offer to the restricted free agent. Davis, 23, averaged 15.8 points and 5.6 rebounds in the postseason while playing more than 36 minutes per contest. During the regular season he put up seven points and four boards per game. The Celtics will announce the Davis deal and an agreement with forward Shelden Williams Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?