NBDL Tryouts to be Held in Boston
|08.14.09 at 5:08 pm ET|
The Maine Red Claws, the Boston Celtics and Charlotte Bobcats NBA Development League affiliate, will be holding open tryouts on October 3 at UMass-Boston. As many as three players will be selected to receive an invitation to participate in the Red Claws training camp this November.
Red Claws head coach Austin Ainge and the Red Claws basketball operations and support staff will evaluate the tryouts, where athletes will participate in team drills, individual skills work, and scrimmages.
“This will be a tremendous opportunity for players to showcase their talent to the Red Claws’ coaching staff and possibly earn a spot at the Red Claws’ training camp in November,” Red Claws President and General Manager Jon Jennings said in a team-issued statement. “By basing the camp in Boston, players from throughout the region will have an opportunity to come to the tryout. New England has an exceptional basketball tradition – our hope is that among those who attend the tryout, we will find a future Maine Red Claws’ player or two.”
Tryouts are limited to the first 125 applicants to complete their registration form and submit their registration fee ($150 in advance or $200 at the door) . Registration forms can be downloaded at www.nba.com/dleague/maine/tryoutsnortheast.html.
The Red Claws will also hold open tryouts on September 12-13 at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina. Information is available at www.nba.com/dleague/maine/Tryout_Charlotte.html.
All participants must meet the D-League player eligibility requirements stated on the registration form.
- Ainge: Playoffs not a goal, progress is
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96