Ray Ray to Stay?
|08.23.09 at 9:16 pm ET|
Ray Allen’s contract expires after the upcoming season but the Boston Globe has reported there is reason to wonder if he plans on staying in Boston a little while longer. According to Peter May, the buzz stems from Wellesley, where Allen lives during the season. Word around town is that Allen’s daughter Tierra, who lives with her mother in South Carolina, may be moving in with her father … and the move could be soon. The reason is Allen’s daughter plays basketball and volleyball, which begins this week.
May pointed out: ‘She would be a junior at Wellesley High (and why would she come if dad wasn’t planning on playing beyond this year? Just an observation). Needless to say, the Wellesley basketball community is watching all this with great interest. With volleyball starting this week, one would think something has to break pretty soon.’
May also noted Celtics president Danny Ainge has reported there have not been any serious talks regarding a contract extension. Allen, 34, will earn $19.8 million in the final season of his deal.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...