|Ray Ray to Stay?||08.23.09 at 9:16 pm ET|
Ray Allen’s contract expires after the upcoming season but the Boston Globe has reported there is reason to wonder if he plans on staying in Boston a little while longer. According to Peter May, the buzz stems from Wellesley, where Allen lives during the season. Word around town is that Allen’s daughter Tierra, who lives with her mother in South Carolina, may be moving in with her father … and the move could be soon. The reason is Allen’s daughter plays basketball and volleyball, which begins this week.
May pointed out: “She would be a junior at Wellesley High (and why would she come if dad wasn’t planning on playing beyond this year? Just an observation). Needless to say, the Wellesley basketball community is watching all this with great interest. With volleyball starting this week, one would think something has to break pretty soon.”
May also noted Celtics president Danny Ainge has reported there have not been any serious talks regarding a contract extension. Allen, 34, will earn $19.8 million in the final season of his deal.
- The Pelicans rumor: Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley for Eric Gordon
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/21
- Terrence Williams tweets - thanks people for support
- Terrence Williams future with Boston Celtics in doubt
- Terrence Williams bail set at $25,000
- Terrence Williams arrested on gun charges
- Level setting expectations for the 16th pick in the NBA Draft - Boston...