Ray Ray to Stay?
|08.23.09 at 9:16 pm ET|
Ray Allen’s contract expires after the upcoming season but the Boston Globe has reported there is reason to wonder if he plans on staying in Boston a little while longer. According to Peter May, the buzz stems from Wellesley, where Allen lives during the season. Word around town is that Allen’s daughter Tierra, who lives with her mother in South Carolina, may be moving in with her father … and the move could be soon. The reason is Allen’s daughter plays basketball and volleyball, which begins this week.
May pointed out: ‘She would be a junior at Wellesley High (and why would she come if dad wasn’t planning on playing beyond this year? Just an observation). Needless to say, the Wellesley basketball community is watching all this with great interest. With volleyball starting this week, one would think something has to break pretty soon.’
May also noted Celtics president Danny Ainge has reported there have not been any serious talks regarding a contract extension. Allen, 34, will earn $19.8 million in the final season of his deal.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason