Yahoo: Celtics among top 10 lottery busts of past decade
|08.27.09 at 11:25 pm ET|
The Boston Celtics were named among the top 10 lottery busts of the past decade by Yahoo! Sports. The Cs came in at number nine for their selection of Kedrick Brown with the 11th overall pick in the 2001 draft:
“He wasn’t exactly taken ahead of Jordan, Stockton or Malone; but by my count, Brown was selected ahead of 15 players who started an NBA game last year. An athletic … something, who was working out of a junior college long enough to impress Chris Wallace and the C’s, Brown was an immediate washout.”
Brown averaged just over three points in three seasons for the Celtics. He was drafted in the first round before Richard Jefferson, Gerald Wallace, Samuel Dalembert, and Tony Parker, and was also chosen before second picks Gilbert Arenas, Mehmet Okur, and Brian Scalabrine. Ironically, Brown recently signed a deal to play ball in Turkey.
Yahoo! also ranked the entire 2000 draft class at number two, calling out players including Stromile Swift, DerMarr Johnson, and former Celtic Chris Mihm and training camp invitee Darius Miles. That year the Celtics drafted Jerome Moiso with the 11th pick.
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden