Yahoo: Celtics among top 10 lottery busts of past decade
|08.27.09 at 11:25 pm ET|
The Boston Celtics were named among the top 10 lottery busts of the past decade by Yahoo! Sports. The Cs came in at number nine for their selection of Kedrick Brown with the 11th overall pick in the 2001 draft:
“He wasn’t exactly taken ahead of Jordan, Stockton or Malone; but by my count, Brown was selected ahead of 15 players who started an NBA game last year. An athletic … something, who was working out of a junior college long enough to impress Chris Wallace and the C’s, Brown was an immediate washout.”
Brown averaged just over three points in three seasons for the Celtics. He was drafted in the first round before Richard Jefferson, Gerald Wallace, Samuel Dalembert, and Tony Parker, and was also chosen before second picks Gilbert Arenas, Mehmet Okur, and Brian Scalabrine. Ironically, Brown recently signed a deal to play ball in Turkey.
Yahoo! also ranked the entire 2000 draft class at number two, calling out players including Stromile Swift, DerMarr Johnson, and former Celtic Chris Mihm and training camp invitee Darius Miles. That year the Celtics drafted Jerome Moiso with the 11th pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?