Allen hits the links
|09.04.09 at 3:04 pm ET|
Ray Allen turned 34 this summer and there are no signs of slowing down. On Thursday the Celtics guard — and avid golfer — participated in the Deutsche Bank Championship pro-am in Norton, MA. He told the Boston Herald hitting the links has helped him stay in playing shape.
‘The beautiful thing about golf is there are so many hours in the day in the summertime,’ he said. ‘You can get up early in the morning and work out and then play golf late in the day. It helps me keep that competitive edge and stay in shape.
‘It’s been great,’ Allen said of the offseason. ‘I’m in one of the best shapes I’ve been in at this point in the summer, just from having the time to let my body heal and work out and get certain parts stronger. I’ve enjoyed this summer.’
In addition to golfing, Allen also follows a training regimen at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT with former UConn Husky/QU men’s assistant basketball coach Scott Burrell.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason